Sunday, August 25, 2013

Drive South to the North Pole!

What?  We have to drive SOUTH to get to the NORTH POLE?  Sounds like an oxymoron to me!  Anyway, that is exactly what we did.  Our RV campground was located between Fairbanks and the town of North Pole, so we had to drive south on the Richardson Highway.
I guess Santa must also eat some of his meals at the local McDonalds.  Why else would they have one there?  It's the only McD sign that I've seen perched atop a red and white pole.  For some reason, there are a lot of candy cane poles all around here...
It was almost 1 PM, and look at the temperature: a "balmy" 51 degrees.  Perfect day for an Alaskan to lay out and get a suntan IF the sun was out.
Sherry and Sandy scurry into the Santa Claus House with Don not far behind. 

I think this place had almost every type of ornament or shirt related to Christmas.  You could spend a lot of time just wandering around in here and looking at everything.  In the back was a guy who looked just like Santa Claus, but the line was too long for me to wait and sit on his lap.  I wonder if I will get the gift on my Christmas list since I bypassed him?  Guess I'll find out on Dec. 25th.

Jerry didn't talk to Santa either, but he did make a new friend inside the store!

No comments:

Post a Comment