Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Go Forth on the Fouth (of July)

 Our last full day in Utah was the 4th of July.  Hailey, Don and I headed south to Provo.  Sure enough, there was a parade going on in the downtown area.

We passed by an interesting bronze sculpture along the way.
We wound up on the sunny side of the street.  It was warm, and there were lots of pop up shades and umbrellas.  I took quite a few pictures, but it was hard getting good shots this far back from the front.

I thought this was a really cool wagon, so I inched my way further towards the parade route. 

Here comes the guy who was the "Life of the Party".   Not anymore!  The guy with the reins didn't look awfully happy either.  No wonder, it was a dead end job for him.😂😂
This group was a hoot!  They were having a great time banging on cowbells, drums and even upside down plastic buckets.
An hour later as the parade ended, we headed back to the Hailey's car.  On one of the buildings was a very colorful painting on a building.  It reminded me of Silver City, which has murals all over their downtown area.
One last and important stop:  Ice Cream at Sub Zero!  Don and Hailey ate the ice cream while I enjoyed sitting in a cool spot without the sun beating on me.  It was a win-win for the 3 of us.


No comments:

Post a Comment