Sunday, September 28, 2014

The Bakery Called Us

Well, the bakery didn't exactly call us on our cell phone, but after Sandy read about this local bakery, it was definitely calling us metaphorically.

This place is open to the public only on Thursdays and Saturdays.  It opened at 10 AM, and there were local people in line when we got there around 10:30.  I think Sandy was stopping traffic so we could be assured of a place in line.

A glimpse of heaven in one place!  All the goodies were calling my name.  My inner self was saying "order one of everything and we'll deal with it later".  Fortunately,  I didn't listen to that voice inside my head.  I wound up with the Almond Croissant and the Pain au Chocolat.  Don picked out two puff pastries.

Sandy was trying to decide what she and Jerry wanted to take home.  People were in line behind us, so this is not a place where you could be indecisive.

 Not only were there lots of Danish pastries to choose from, there was a whole rack of bread.  This reminded me of the wonderful bakeries they have in Europe.  What happened to all the good bakers when they migrated to Arizona? Maybe they were too busy baking bread to be enticed by the call of the West.
 As we exited with our purchases of baked goodies, I think there were maybe a few anxious people in line.  Maybe we had taken one of the last types of Danish pastry that they really, really wanted.  As they say, the early bird gets the worm, or should I say the early people get the yummy stuff?!

No comments:

Post a Comment