Thursday, September 11, 2014

Olé for Olympia!

With Bountiful, Utah behind us, we had two more days of driving before we met up with Sandy and Jerry (Don's sister and brother-in-law).

The rolling, grassy hills as you enter into southwestern Oregon remind me a whole lot of Arizona's Interstate 17 between Phoenix and Prescott.  Hard to imagine this is the Pacific Northwest.  Right after I took this picture, a motorcyclist passed us up, holding one hand way above his head.  I took a longer look and realized he was taking a picture at 65 miles an hour.  If it were me, I'd be holding onto that motorcycle for dear life. 

It got more interesting and scenic as we headed west along I-84, where the Columbia River flows between the borders of Washington State and Oregon.
 As we got nearer to Portland, we could see Mt. Hood almost straight in front of us.  Signs along this stretch stated there were chain up areas in case of snow.  That made me very thankful we were driving this stretch on a sunny day, devoid of any type of snow, sleet or rain.
After a one night stopover in Fairview, Oregon (just outside Portland), we had only two more hours of driving until we reached our meeting point.

For four days, we will be nestled between the pine trees and ferns at the American Heritage RV Park in Olympia. Ah, peace and quiet!
There are so many vines, bushes and undergrowth here you can hardly see from one site unto the next one.  Quite different than most private RV parks we encounter.
Ah, I smell bacon, and as I peek through the bushes, it looks like Sandy and Jerry are cooking breakfast!  I have to check this out.

Yep, Jerry is stationed at his favorite outdoor grill, cooking up some yummy eggs.  Gotta go, my stomach is calling me!

No comments:

Post a Comment