Friday, September 27, 2013

Rifle Gap State Park

As we headed west on Interstate 70, I was again thankful that we had waited out the storm and stayed an extra day at Boyd Lake.  There are lots of high mountain passes in this area.  The skiers were probably excited about the early snow storm, but we sure weren't!
This was taken just before we headed into the Eisenhower Tunnel.  
We stopped for lunch at the Vail Pass rest area.  It was a "cool" 41 degrees when we got out of the truck.  Quite a bit of snow was left over from the previous day.
Don wanted me to stand by the board and have my picture taken.  Yep, that is me alright, with my hands covering my eyes so I could see!  I told him I needed my sunglasses
"Okay, now I can look towards the camera without squinting."
Just for the fun of it I decided to point the lens down and take a picture of my shoes in the snow.
We continued heading west, and by the time we got to Rifle Gap State Park it was a balmy 71 degrees.  We picked a site way up on the hill.  As we were driving there, our daughter Heidi texted and asked what type of souveniers were available there.  I texted back "Rifles!"  What else?
Our site had a great view of the lake below and it was even nice enough to sit outside that afternoon for our evening meal.  One of the great things about RVing is that if you don't like where you're at, you can almost always move on to a different site or a different place altogether.   The downside is waking up in the morning and tying to figure out two things: what day is it and where am I at?

No comments:

Post a Comment