Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Moose on the Loose....

It seems there is a common thread that weaves it's way through Alaska and that is moose!  We drove through Moose Pass on Highway One on our way to Tok.  Moose Meadow Park was in Girdwood, etc.
Everywhere we looked, there was something related to these huge brown mammals.  Although you could probably say the mosquitoes in Alaska are as huge as moose, this was actually a sign for a bar in Sterling.
 
And who would not want some Moosetard or 


moose "nugget" earrings?  I sure don't want moose droppings hanging off my ears!
And I'm sure Sandy isn't going to use the swizzles in any of her drinks.
My favorite was the carved moose in his moose hat at Rika's Roadhouse, but he was too big to bring back home in the suitcase.  Besides that, I don't think he'd feel at home at our house in Arizona.  Moose and scorpions don't mix well at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment