Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Charming Catalina

It was time for our annual camping excursion to Catalina State Park.  Before I start posting photos of the different meals and people, I thought I'd start with some beautiful pics from our campground. I was glad I had my Nikon camera along when Doris and I walked the loops.

Sun splashed across the foothills, lighting up the ridge and a beautiful saguaro.
 As the evening approached, the front portion of the Catalinas were a lighter grey color.
And a short time later, this is the way they looked: not quite as foreboding as before, and now a beautiful reddish purple color. 
To the West, dark clouds hovered over the campground.
Now you can understand why return here every year.  The comradery of our camping group, large camping sites, the location of the park and beautiful weather (for the most part) make this our go to place in January.  The only downside to this is the fact that it has become TOO popular. We tried to reserve spots here next January and they were almost fully booked!  There were only a few sites scattered between Campground A and Campground B, which wouldn't work out for our large group.
After many hours of searching the Arizona state campground website, we finally found sites at River Island campground near Parker, Arizona.

No comments:

Post a Comment