Sunday, June 1, 2014

Whine or Wine?

What happens when you mix wine, women and song?  And then add in a canvas and some paints?  Do you come out with something recognizable, or a painting that looks like it was done with fingers by a seven year old?  Fortunately for me, it was the former after I had spent an evening at Picasso and Wine with my daughter-in-law, Kim, her mother (Char Beyer) and her friend (Tammy).

Kim and Tammy perused over the paintings that are done on different days at the specialty shop in Windsor.  Both of them are "old hats" at this and have nice paintings hanging in their homes already.  Char and I were "first timers" ....at painting....not drinking wine!
Hanging on the wall was the painting we were supposed to do that evening, along with a cute sign. Just by chance, I had my camera along and I had to get pictures of both before I started to imbibe and paint.  I know they say, "Don't drink and drive." but should I have worried about drinking and painting?  Maybe, since my alcohol tolerance is very low: half a drink and my head feels fuzzy.  
Kim, Char and Tammy stopped painting for a moment so I could get a nice pic of all of them.  Nothing bothering them, they all were happy!
And what else is there to do while waiting for the first layer to dry?  Drink wine and walk around, checking out each other's pictures.  During that time the shop was playing music, so some participants were even dancing, wine glass in hand.
Half way through, the bikes were beginning to take shape.  I never knew how hard it was to make a round tire until then!  If I set up the picture across the room and squint, it doesn't look too bad.  I just have to focus on the whole picture, not the front tire. (Maybe if they had kept the store open another 2 or 3 hours I could have worked on it some more, but it was already 9:30 and past the official "quitting time".)  If you don't realize it by now, I can really be anal at times!
The finished product!  The best part was when we got done with the bike and could do the basket and flowers.  Flowers of all colors appeared in the grass and in the baskets that we had painted.  
P.S. Don't tell anyone that I didn't even get half way through the small glass of wine that came with the course.  What became of the rest of it, I don't know.  Some of my close relatives would consider that wasteful, but at least I was able to walk a straight line at the end of the evening!

1 comment: