Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Wild life, Algoma style

Rambunctious?  Looking for a party or some wild life?  Well, you can find plenty of wild life right in the Beyer's back yard.  Maybe this isn't the type of wild life I'm talking about.   Sorry about that.

Silver Creek winds its way around parts of Algoma, and meanders right by their house.  It looks pretty calm most of the time, but you have to look closer to discover what is really swimming around in the waters or flying by.
 A Blue Heron sits on its spindly legs on an old dead tree behind their garage.  He blends in well with the tree branches.  I'm just wondering how he manages to balance his fat body on those skinny legs!
I got a nice picture of Roy holding up the Northern Pike that he caught one day.  He also managed to catch a large ugly looking Carp, a small bass and believe it or not......a clam!  How he managed to hook that thing, we'll never know. 
Look closely at the rocks.  Can you see the mink?  Roy was excited when it swam past him and then decided to climb up on the nearby rocks.  He came (Roy, not the mink) and got me and I grabbed my camera, running down to the stream as my old legs could take me without falling down and making a fool of myself.
The mink turned his head several times as he listened to the camera shutter click off pictures at 4 each second.  He couldn't figure out what the sound was.  Cute little fella, but not one that would make a good pet.
Eventually, he went back to his business, and so did we.  Another great day by Spring Creek!

No comments:

Post a Comment