Tuesday, September 4, 2012

If You Don't Succeed, Try, Try Again!

On Labor Day, we decided to go up and try the biking trail at Peninsula State Park for the second time.  If you had read my previous blogs, you'd remember that the last time we tackled this, Don had two flat tires!  Since we have gotten here, Don has had 3 flat rear tires and Roy had one.  It seems like they were always in the garage in their spare time fixing flats.

There was a forecast for showers again in the area, but those weren't due until the afternoon.  As our kids can attest to, we can be stubborn at times.  No rain showers or threat of  more flats were going to stop us from our quest!  Roy & Char fixed a great breakfast of sausage and pancakes and we were out the door before 8 AM, heading north to Door County.

One of our first stops on the bike trail was at Nicolet Bay.  It was time for a pit stop and also an excuse for me to take pictures.  
You can tell who grabbed the camera this time......Don.  Guess I could let him have it every once in a while, but he can't be trusted with it for very long.  One time last week I downloaded pictures and came across a men's urinal!  I knew for sure I didn't take that picture.  He can be cagey at times, so I try my best to keep an eye on him if he manages to get the camera from me.  This time he took a picture of us by the park at Nicolet Bay and also one of a gray rock.  I deleted that picture right away.
Parts of the 10 mile Sunset Trail go through heavily wooded areas.  Most of the trail is crushed rock, and there are some good hills to bike up.  It was challenging and fun at the same time.  This is one of Roy and Char's favorite places to bike.  I took a pic of Char while she took one of me!
Success!  No flats!  We made it!  We rewarded ourselves by stopping at The Chocolate Chicken in Egg Harbor.  There was a beautiful smell of chocolate wafting through the air inside this store.  I could work in a place like this.  Chocolate fudge, ice cream, chocolate raspberry coffee, etc.  On second thought, maybe this wouldn't be a good place for me, a tried and true chocolaholic.  It would be like putting an alcoholic to work in a brewery.

We got our goodies and sat down outside at a picnic table overlooking Egg Harbor.  We had earned our delicious ice cream cones/pound cake by burning all those calories at Peninsula Park!
Here is a closer view of Egg Harbor from the hill.
Sailboats resting in the harbor, just waiting for their owners to take them out on the lake.  It was an absolutely beautiful day for sailing.

No comments:

Post a Comment