Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Tetons ARE grand!

We got to Grand Teton National Park on Thursday morning, awed by the rugged mountain range that captures your attention right at the very start. The cloud formation almost looked like Indian smoke signals coming out of the tops of the mountains!

Our campsite at Coulter Bay Village was only a 2 minute walk from Jackson Lake.
As you can tell, it was a very blustery day! White caps formed on Jackson Lake, and I was a bit chilly as I stood by the water taking the picture. Later on that evening, there was a group of teenage girls swimming in the lake! I found out they were from Canada. That explained everything! This Arizona girl doesn't go into the pool water until it is at least 80 degrees.

The drive down towards Jenny Lake from our campground was impressive, with the jagged mountains appearing at the bends in the road.
The next morning I was up early, determined to capture a sunrise shot of the mountains. No beautiful sunrise was in store for me unfortunately, but I was able to capture fog lifting off the lake.
At 6:45 AM, it was just me and 3 old crows at the lake shore. Make that 4 old crows.... : )

No comments:

Post a Comment