Sunday, August 29, 2021

Doing Door County


 A visit to Wisconsin would NOT be complete unless you go to Door County.  Of course, that is just my opinion but I'm sticking to it.  Always our first stop: Door County Coffee and Tea Company.
This is the ideal place for me!  I do love my coffee and there is a whole wall of flavors to choose from.  The hardest part is choosing which ones I want.  Don got a dark roast but my selections included chocolate turtle and another one that included chocolate.  Absolutely the best combination for me.😉
Lunch was at the Shipwrecked Brew Pub in Egg Harbor.  Roy had a Wisconsin Burger which included a burger patty AND a brat patty on a pretzel bun.  Amazingly, he finished it!

After lunch we traveled farther north to Newport State Park.  Don and Roy headed out towards the lake.
No one else was game, but I just had to dip my toes into Lake Michigan.  It wasn't as cold as I expected and there were a lot of people swimming.  For Wisconsin, it was  "hot" 80 degrees outside.
Farther down the beach the local population was taking advantage of the beautiful weather.
Our perfect day was topped off with a stop at Not Licked Yet for some frozen custard. This is a "must stop" place for me.  They only have 3 flavors of custard: vanilla, chocolate and butter pecan.  This was one of the few times that butter pecan won out over chocolate for me.  Don picked that out too over vanilla.
Unfortunately, a lot of people had the same idea.  Do you see the long line waiting to put in their orders?  Don and Roy stood in line for at least half an hour while Char and I commandeered some chairs in the shade.

Oops!  I almost forgot to add in the pictures that I took of gnomes in Door County.  I think the first one was on the Keto diet.
And this guy was on the chubbier side but he looked happier to me. He reminded me of the ones that Char has in her garden.



No comments:

Post a Comment