Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Miami Layover

  Our plans: Spend a few hours in the airport with enough time to walk around and get something to eat before boarding our flight.  


     God’s plan:  No flight to Quito late that night and re-booking our flights for Monday. 

     Okay, I could go with that.  The warm weather and a chance to swim in the ocean was certainly better than going back to Denver and dealing with cold and snow predicted for the next week .   We did get in exercise by biking, swimming and walking along the Miami beach boardwalk during the weekend.  Meanwhile, Hailey was asking “Can’t you come tonight?  Or tomorrow night?”  We were halfway there, but she would have to wait.  We were all praying that things would settle down by Monday.


Thursday evening pictures on South Beach.


     Friday:  Beach time.  The last time we were in Miami, Heidi was a junior in high school.  That was a few years ago......
      The guys sat under the shade while Heidi and I swam and floated in the Atlantic.  This was the best picture that Don got of us!  Can you tell I'm on the left and Heidi is behind me?  LOL!
My toes hadn't been in the warm sand for decades.  It was wonderful, except trying to get all the sand off between my toes as I put on my shoes and socks.  I had not brought along any sandals since I wouldn't need them in Quito. As it turned out, that would be the least of my worries.
As usual, I am trailed behind, trying to get some pictures.  I was happy that we got Glen and Don down to the beach even if they never stuck their toes in the water.
         



No comments:

Post a Comment