Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Saturday Saunterings

If you are ever in Deming, New Mexico and you are wanting Mexican food, Amigo's is the go to place!  Doris has known about this hole in the wall for a long time.  It doesn't look like much, but the food is good and beyond cheap!

The lunch plates were $4.00.  I was so surprised at this I even asked the lady behind the counter if the prices were correct.  Compare this to most Mexican food restaurants where the combination plates go for $9-$12.00.  The hard part was deciding which one to get.  I would up with the red and pork tamales that came with beans and rice.
As we perused the items on the wall, I noticed the price of a dozen tamales.  My goodness!  Not the $24 a dozen that we pay for tamales in Phoenix!  Boy, I wish this place was located in Arizona. Time to load up on some frozen tamales, chili rellenos or maybe some enchiladas to take back home.
Since we were on a southwestern kick, our next stop was to pick up a chili ristra for our back porch from a local market.  There were plenty to choose from, in many different lengths.
Here is the one I finally wound up with.
In addition, there were all sorts of pumpkins, gourds and bags of chilies here too.
 This gourd looked like the side view of a duck to me.
 Huge bags containing red chili peppers lined the concrete floor outside.  One of those would be enough to keep me in enchilada sauce for years!
Our last stop for the day was City of Rocks State Park.
My priority at this point in time was a bathroom break.  Guess what was on the inside of the bathroom door?  You couldn't miss it!

 Yikes!  I was glad the weather was cooler, so the snakes were less apt to be out in the campground.
One of Doris' stepsons was camping out here with his family and friends for the weekend.  There were no kids in sight.....all of them were out scampering on the huge boulders.  This campground sure is different from Boyd Lake State Park in Colorado.  It might be appealing to many people, but the thought of rattlesnakes around is disturbing to me.  Just typing this and thinking about snakes just gave me the shivers.
All in all, we had a wonderful day, meandering around the Deming and Silver City area.

No comments:

Post a Comment