Monday, October 6, 2014

B & B

B & B?  What kind of a title is that?  Well, it is the best one that I could come up with for our stay at Bullard's Beach  State Campground in Bandon.  

It was Saturday, and the warm, sunny weather brought out all sorts of tourists.  There were also plenty of people who were in the area to catch crab or salmon.  When we checked into the state campground on Friday, almost all 182 campsites were full.  We were surprised because we thought October was off season.  Nope!  The camp host told us this was prime season for Dungeness Crabs and salmon. 

I took a minute to get a picture of the marina in Brandon.  If I can't own a boat, at least I can take pictures of them.
We strolled through the older section of town.  Thank goodness there was no tsunami warning that day because Sandy, Jerry and Don were all headed the wrong way.
Near the docks and various seafood restaurants was this gorgeous octopus carving.  It must have taken a huge piece of wood, because the carving was enormous.  Makes me wonder where you would even start when contemplating this.  His head? Or would you start at the bottom and work up?
Across the river from where we were standing was the Coquille River Lighthouse.  Time to turn around and go back to the other side of the jetty to see if it is open for tours.  Yes it was!  Jerry, Don and Sandy took a tour and I had to stay behind.  I had worn sandals and no open toed shoes are allowed when climbing the stairs here.  Oh well, I plopped myself down on a rock nearby and started taking pictures of the resident seal who kept popping up everywhere.  Stay tuned: there is more about him in the blog below this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment