Friday, June 14, 2013

A Milestone Post!

As I went into my blog today, I noticed that this will be my 200th post!  Somewhat of a milestone for me, with a combined total of  over 5,400 pages.  At least the blog has helped us remember where we've been during our travel times since 2009. This way is so much easier than going through boxes of pictures and trying to figure out when they were taken, and where we were at!  I have plenty of those at home, in their original Kodak paper folder, which were then put in a box/bag without any writing on the back.  Those were from the years when we were both working and had 3 children active in various activities.  My record keeping was sorely lacking back then.  

I want to give thanks to whoever invented the digital camera.  At least now I can tell exactly when they were taken.  Maybe in the future it will also record where we are when I take a photo.  The details of the pics below show they were taken on June 6, 2013.   We had started out on the bike trail just off Prospect Road with Kim's parents, Roy and Char.  Goal for the morning:  head to the Silver Grill Cafe in Ft. Collins where we would treat ourselves to a nice breakfast and enjoy each other's company.

We made it to Old Town Ft. Collins even after we got disoriented when the Poudre Trail took a U-turn after coming out from under a bridge.  There are a plethora of bike racks in Ft. Collins, making it easier to park a bike than a car most times.  We found a huge bike rack almost right in front of the restaurant. Score!
Our place of destination was BUSY!  No wonder, since that morning the Ft. Collins paper had named them #1 for food and their Al Fresco dining.  It was a beautiful, sun-drenched morning, so we headed for the back patio rather than eating inside.
Four bike helmets and 3 hungry people (actually I should count myself even though I was behind the camera as usual).  What to order?  The menu had so many tempting choices. Hmm....

Even before ordering breakfast, Roy settled on some kind of awesome looking mocha latte.
But my focus was on one thing......one of their fabulous, gooey, mouth watering cinnamon rolls that the Silver Grill Cafe is noted for.  The waitress warms it up just before putting it down in front of you.  Heaven on a plate!
Roy, Char and Don cross over to the Poudre Trail near the Belgium Brewery.  This is where we were supposed to end up when we biked here this morning.  The path follows the Poudre River, which is so much better than being on surface streets with traffic at your back.

Here we are, back where we started out hours earlier.  What a great way to burn off the calories from that delicious breakfast.  Thanks to Roy and Char for joining us!
  

1 comment: