Monday, May 28, 2012

Mt. Cutler

We got to Mueller State Park (25 miles west of Colorado Springs) yesterday and today we met our daughter, Lisa, for a hike.  The hike reminded me of the Wolf and the 3 Little Pigs fairy tale:  we huffed, and we puffed……and we did make it to the top!  So much for acclimating ourselves to the difference in altitude and the fact that we were out of shape.  Lisa patiently waited numerous times as we stopped to catch our breath.  One guy was running up the trail and I wrote him off to being a show off.  We could have done that too.  Yeah, right, if we were about  40 years younger and had trained for months!


Don and Lisa stopped at the bridge, then later on down the trail, we stopped for another pic of me with her.  Not only do I like taking photos, but this documents the fact that we were there and we really did the hike!  After all, if I just put something in writing and didn't back it up with pictures, would you believe me?  Don't answer that question!
As we turned a corner, Don and Lisa seemed a bit confused as to exactly where we were.  I didn't care, I was just following along.
"Dad, it is this way, around the corner"


Don answers with a different response and a point in a another direction.....
They seem to have differing opinions.  Lisa says to the left and Don says to the right.  Good thing the path is just one way, unless you slip and take the "accelerated" way down the side of the mountain!

The path got a bit narrow for me at one point.  I made sure I was a close to the boulders as possible!
Another turn, another great view to take in.  

 This is a view towards 7 Falls.

And as we headed around another corner and proceeded up the trail, we had a great view of Colorado Springs.  You can see the golf course at the Broadmoor Hotel if you look close enough!


Happy trails to you, until we meet again!  May the trails you hike be easy, lift up your spirits and provide you with wonderful views of God's creation!


2 comments:

  1. Does not look like my kind of "walk". Saw some steep drop offs in those pictures - I would never had made it.....never mind not liking to "walk"!! Looks like you are already having fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At one point I asked Lisa to give me a hand. It was a very narrow part and there was no guard rail! If I slipped, Don would be collecting on my life insurance! Don never even noticed how narrow the path was!

      Delete